· Today, there will be a boy’s golf meeting in the fieldhouse immediately after school for any boy that wants to play golf this year.
· The boys’ basketball team will play Woodlawn tonight at home. Freshmen start at 5pm, followed by JV & Varsity.
· Tonight, the Lady Cats soccer team will play Woodlawn here in Wildcat Stadium. The Lady Cats start at 4pm.
· Congratulations to the boys’ soccer team for their 2-0 victory over Westminster last night on Tuesday.
· Congratulations to our Wrestlers for their victories last weekend. They brought home 7 medals from the City Championships. Gabe Millbern is now a two-time City Champ, Toni Jarreau is the girls Champ. Kye Karcher is City Runner-up, Luis Chavez placed 5th place and Colton Lanier, Devin Nicholson and Asa Rutherford all placed 6th. Great job and good luck at state for these wrestlers.
· Track practice will begin Tuesday, Jan. 30th immediately after school at the track. See Coach Edwards in room 414 if you have any questions.
· The Walker Esports Team will host tryouts on Monday, January 29th, in the Esports Lab, Room 409 above the PE Gym. The Esports team is looking for those interested in competing in Valorant and Overwatch 2. For more details, see Coach Price!
· Congratulations to Caszandra Dante. Caszandra was selected as one of the four students who will represent Zone 6 in the 2024 Student of the Year regional competition. We are so proud of you Caszandra!
· Tomorrow is Fundraiser Friday to benefit the teacher appreciation fund. Students may wear casual dress for $2. Casual dress guidelines should be followed. Students may wear any school appropriate shirt with blue jean bottoms or school uniform bottoms. As always, jeans should NOT have any holes, shirts must be full length and have sleeves. Any shoe and hats may be worn. Students will pay their first block teachers on Friday.
· The date for our Bloomer Bowl will be on Monday, February 5 immediately following "Meet the Wildcats." We are expecting to begin around 7pm, but participants should arrive no later than 6:45pm. Get with your class sponsor for practice times. And those boys who will be cheering, see Mrs. Gallman (room 1012) during your lunch shift this Friday to get your practice schedule.
· Students, don’t forget that all school fees need to be paid as soon as possible. With prom right around the corner you are reminded that all fees must be paid in order to purchase prom tickets.
Lunch Line — BBQ Chicken Drumstick, cheesy potatoes
Next Breakfast – Homemade Cinnamon Swirl