· Congratulations to the JV football team for their win over Glen Oaks yesterday. Tonight, the Freshmen football team will play Madison Prep here at home at 6:30pm.
· Athletic letterman jackets that were ordered last May have arrived. You can pick up your jacket during your lunch period.
· The swim team will not have practice on Wednesday. Practice resumes Thursday for Saturday's meet.
· Homecoming tickets are on sale through: i2Tickets.com for $20 each. Students are permitted 1 guest. There is a Student Ticket and a Guest Ticket. Guest tickets are for GUESTS THAT DO NOT ATTEND WALKER HIGH. Names will be printed on the Tickets and we will check tickets and IDs at the door. They must match!
· This Friday, September 22 is Fundraiser Friday. Money raised will go to teacher appreciation funds. For $2 students can wear casual dress. All attire must follow casual dress guidelines. Reminder, students may only wear blue jean bottoms WITHOUT holes or school uniform bottoms. Blue jean bottoms can include blue jean shorts no less than 4 inches above the knee. Jean skirts must come to the knee. Any school appropriate shirt is ok as long as it has sleeves. Crocs and hats are ok for casual dress day.
· Students, don’t forget can goods such as soups, beans, and vegetables can be brought in to be collected by your 1st block teacher. These donations will be counted and the 1st block with the most collected donations will win a donut party. The donations will help fill the food pantry in partnership with Mighty Mom’s.
· The Carpentry Team will have their first practice this Thursday after school. Report to room 5003 by 2:45 PM. If you cannot make Thursday’s practice, please see Mr. Holland today or Tuesday for information in room 5003.
· The FFA Community Service Club Meeting will be on Thursday, at 5:30pm in the AG room. Join us for community service, a meal, and to hear about upcoming events.
· The Junior Ring Ceremony will be on Monday, October 16th in the new gym at 6pm. All ring payments owed to Jostens must be paid in order to participate in the ceremony. If you purchased a ring from somewhere else, it must be a traditional ring in order to participate. You will receive more information on the ring ceremony during homeroom next week.
Lunch Line — Chicken strips, mashed potatoes
Next Breakfast – Chicken Biscuit