· Congratulations to the JV football team for their win last night over Live Oak.
· This week our varsity football team plays on Thursday against Mandeville, but at Fontainebleau’s field. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at the game with cash or on their “Go Fan” app.
· Anyone interested in Wrestling this year, please see Coach Godso in room 102. There will be a parent meeting on Wednesday at 6pm in the old gym. See Coach Godso for questions.
· Congratulations to Ian Waid, who placed 3rd and got his D rating at the Louisiana Open Fencing Tournament!
· There will be a sign-up sheet at the Wildcat Window for anyone interested in signing up for the Walker High Horse Club. You can sign up before school or during your lunch break.
· Congratulations to Wildcat Golden Choir member Laelynn Vega and Talented Music Students Sarah Wilkinson, Chloe Poissot and Athena Smith for being selected for the LMEA District IV Honor Choir.
· Congratulations to Band of Legacy member Jeremy McGee for earning 1st chair in the Louisiana Youth Orchestra.
· Students can wear casual dress this Friday for $2 benefiting Foster Village. You should pay your first block teacher on Friday. Casual dress must meet casual dress guidelines. NO leggings, crop tops, mid drifts and holes in jeans should NOT above the knee.
· Friday, September 16th is the deadline to sign up for the October ACT. Please visit ACT.org to sign up.
· Homecoming tickets will go on sale on Wednesday. All outstanding fees and obligations must be paid in order to purchase a homecoming ticket. You will receive more information during homeroom tomorrow.
· Saturday, Sept. 17th is Senior Picture Make-ups from 9am-Noon in the cafeteria. The sitting fee is $20.
There are many scholarship opportunities posted on the app. Be sure to check them out. Some have deadlines approaching.
Lunch Line — Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
Next Breakfast – Sausage Biscuit