Announcements for Tuesday, May 9, 2023
· We have several athletic team tryouts coming up. You must have a current physical to tryout. Physical forms can be uploaded from the Walker High website under Athletics.
o Girls soccer tryouts will be Saturday, May 13th at noon in Wildcat Stadium.
o Softball tryouts will be May 15 & 16, 3:30-5:30 at the softball field.
· If you are interested in joining the cross-country team for next year, please pick up a sign-up packet from Coach Edwards in T-building 414 today during your lunch shift.
· Anyone wanting to wrestle next year needs to see Coach Godso in room 102.
· Don’t forget about the 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run this Saturday. You can still participate!!! Come early and register at the field. See you Saturday at 8am on the 50-yard line.
· The Walker High FFA will be putting together a Carpentry Team to compete for next school year. If students have taken and passed core/level 1/level 2, they are applicable to APPLY to be on the team. Students should see Mr. Holland in room 5003 ONLY during their lunch period, or between classes.
· Monday, May 15th is the last day to turn in late work for grades 9-11.
· Students, don’t forget about FCA’s collection of new and gently worn shoes that will be sent to Haiti. Shoes are to be turned in to Ms. Yglesias’s room, 1119 by Monday, May 15th.
· Seniors, f you accepted a scholarship from your college of choice and would like to be recognized at graduation, email a copy of your scholarship papers to your counselor by Wednesday, May 10th.
Lunch Line — Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Next Breakfast – Benefit Far or Cereal