ATHLETICS AND EVENTS:
· The Wildcat Wrestling team started their season last night and are 2-0 to start the season! The Wildcats beat Covington 60-24 and then beat Lakeshore 43-42 on criteria. It was a great day to be a Wildcat!
· Today, our cross-country team will be competing at the Regional Meet. Good luck Wildcats!!
· Tonight, Boys Basketball will scrimmage against St. Thomas More here at home. JV will start at 5pm, followed by Varsity.
· The Girls Basketball team will be scrimmaging tonight at the Ponchatoula Rec Center.
· Tomorrow our Wildcats will play at home against Denham Springs in their Senior Night game. Senior recognition will start at 6:15pm and the game at 7pm. Prior to the game the Chase Tyler Band will be performing from 4:30-6:15pm. Your game ticket gets you into the concert for free. Come out and enjoy the music, tailgate, and cheer on your Wildcats!!! Students are permitted to wear a Spirit Shirt with uniform bottoms tomorrow as we have our last regular season home game!
· On Monday, Nov. 6th we will Meet the Wildcats for our Winter sports. The event will take place in the new gym at 6pm.
· Walker High Administration would like to congratulate the following student-athletes who have earned a place on the All-Academic Composite Team for their individual sport with a 4.0 unweighted GPA.
o Football: Tyler Covington, Dawson Spearman and Brantley Tate
o Volleyball: Adelyn Carter
o Swimming: Elena Gruwell
o Cross-Country: Lawson Borne
o Girls Basketball: Kailey Bennett
o Girls Soccer: Allison Hamilton
o Wrestling: Gabriel Millbern
· We would also like to congratulate our Walker High Teacher of the Year, Ms. Savannah Normand, and our New Teacher of the Year, Ms. Madison Jannise. Be sure to congratulate them when you pass by them today.
· Attention Talented Art Students: There is NO TALENTED ART for 3rd and 4th hour students today!
· Students, you are reminded that with this cold weather you are permitted to wear beanies but they must be taken off when entering the building. Hoods and Head Scarfs should never be worn. Also, blankets are not permitted and will be taken and can be picked up after school.
· Tonight, is the Band of Legacy Family Night in Wildcat Stadium at 6:30pm. There will be performances by the Band, Colorguard, Drumline, the Golden Wildcats and our Cheerleaders. Admission is Free. Come out and support your Band of Legacy Thursday night.
· Students, don’t forget that tomorrow is the deadline to sign up for the December ACT. You can sign up at ACT.ORG.
· The Veterans Day Program is Friday, November 10 at 9:00 am. All military personnel are invited to attend. See the Wildcat Window or the Annex for a flyer. Veterans should arrive for 8:30am for refreshments in the new library.
· Herff Jones will be here on Thursday, Nov. 9th to take Senior Orders. They will be located in the new gym lobby during all 3 lunch shifts.
· Seniors, November scholarship deadlines are quickly approaching. Be sure to check out the guidance page on the website and the app. You don’t want to miss out on these opportunities.
· Presale tickets for “A Hillbilly Christmas Carol” presented by our theater class are on sale until Nov. 17th. You can get tickets by scanning a QR code on any poster or by going to i2Tickets.com.
Lunch Line — Orange Chicken and vegetable rice
Next Breakfast – Homemade Cinnamon Swirl