· Congratulations to the freshmen football team for their win over Madison Prep Tuesday. This Friday the varsity will play Kentwood here at home. You are reminded of the stadium rules… no outside food / drinks, no backpacks, no baby power, no noise makers which includes microphones, megaphones & boom boxes, no loitering around the stadium and the restrooms, and shirts must be worn.
· Today, the Lady Cats Varsity volleyball team will play Scotlandville at home at 5pm. Come out and support your Lady Cats.
· Athletic letterman jackets that were ordered last May have arrived. You can pick up your jacket from the Annex during your lunch period.
· Congratulations to Evelyn Artieta. Evelynn has secured a spot as one of the National Finalists who advanced in the Drive, Chip and Putt Regionals held at Champions Golf Club in Houston. This win advances Evelynn among the ten elite competitors in the National Finals. Congratulations Evelyn.
· Homecoming tickets are on sale through: i2Tickets.com for $20 each. Students are permitted 1 guest. There is a Student Ticket and a Guest Ticket. Guest tickets are for GUESTS THAT DO NOT ATTEND WALKER HIGH. Names will be printed on the Tickets and we will check tickets and IDs at the door. They must match! No Junior High students are permitted as guests.
· Tomorrow is Fundraiser Friday. Money raised will go to teacher appreciation funds. For $2 students can wear casual dress. All attire must follow casual dress guidelines. Reminder, students may only wear blue jean bottoms WITHOUT holes or school uniform bottoms. Blue jean bottoms can include blue jean shorts no less than 4 inches above the knee. Jean skirts must come to the knee. Any school appropriate shirt is ok as long as it has sleeves. Crocs and hats are ok for casual dress day.
· Tomorrow is the deadline to sign up for the October 28th ACT. You can sign up at ACT.org.
· Students, don’t forget can goods such as soups, beans, and vegetables can be brought in to be collected by your 1st block teacher. These donations will be counted and the 1st block with the most collected donations will win a donut party. The donations will help fill the food pantry in partnership with Mighty Mom’s.
· The Carpentry Team will have their first practice today after school. Report to room 5003 by 2:45 PM.
· The FFA Community Service Club Meeting will be today, at 5:30pm in the AG room. Join us for community service, a meal, and to hear about upcoming events.
· See you at the pole" is a nationwide event where students gather at the flagpole to pray. Wednesday morning at 7am at the flagpole across from the cafeteria, all Walker High students are invited to join in prayer. See you Wednesday morning!
Lunch Line — Cheesy Nachos
Next Breakfast – Cinnamon Swirl