· The Wildcat Swim Team set 16 personal records at Saturday's meet at Lutcher. Kelei Romero-Grove had 3 personal records in the 100 freestyle, 100 breaststroke and on the 200 freestyle relay. And, Josh Lee, Nathan Ray and Remy O'Reilly set 2 personal records.
· Tonight, the Freshmen football team will play Madison Prep here at home. The game starts at 6:30pm.
· The Lady Cats volleyball team will play at Scotlandville. JV will begin at 5pm, followed by varsity.
· There will be a boys’ soccer parent meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 6:30pm in the cafeteria.
· Anyone interested in joining the tennis team should a meeting tomorrow after school until 3:30pm in room T-124.
· Congratulations to Sierra Hall. Sierra is one of 62,000 students across the nation to earn academic honors from the College Board’s National Recognition Programs.
· Congratulations to the following students who made it to the 2nd round of All-State Tryouts which will be held on October 1st: Nik Johnson, Selena Stafford, Mason Rivere, Owen Small, Josh Pendleton, Braeden Watson, Jeremy McGee, Madison Pool, and Brady Seighman. Good luck at 2nd Round Tryouts!
· The JROTC hosted five schools this Saturday for a Raider Challenge. Walker Raiders placed first in three of five events and were the overall meet champions. Congratulations to the Walker JROTC.
· Students, if you planning to take the ACT on Oct. 22nd you should sign up for ACT Bootcamp! It will be held Tuesday, Oct. 11 and Wednesday, Oct. 12 after school both days. The cost is $40 and can be paid online at walkerhigh.org. The deadline to sign up and pay is Oct. 4th.
· Homecoming tickets are now on sale until Wednesday, Sept. 28th. Tickets are $15 each. All ticket purchasing information has been put on the Walker High app.
· Students, you will not attend school on Wednesday due to teacher Professional Development. Students will return on Thursday.
· There will be another Fundraiser Friday this Friday, Sept. 23rd. The cost is $2 and you should pay your first block teacher on Friday. The money raised will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Join the cheerleaders in helping support the fight against childhood cancer. Casual dress must meet special dress guidelines. No leggings. No crop tops. No mid-drifts. And, holes in jeans should not be above the knee.
Lunch Line — Today there will be 2 lunch lines: Red beans & rice will be served on Line 2 (the entrance nearest to the south campus) and pizza will be served on Line 1 (the entrance nearest to the north campus).
Next Breakfast – Bacon, egg & cheese extravaganza & grits