· Congratulations to the Wildcats for their win over Mandeville Friday night. Tonight, the JV will play Glen Oaks here at home at 6:30pm.
· Athletic letterman jackets that were ordered last May have arrived. You can pick up your jacket during your lunch period.
· Congratulations to Laelynn Vega for being selected through a highly-competitive audition to sing in the LMEA District IV Honor Choir!
· Congratulations to the JROTC Raiders who competed this weekend in the Northshore Raider Challenge. Walker took first and second overall in the Male team division and third overall in the co-ed division. Brooke McGee & Braiden Manuel were first overall in the Ultimate Raider competition!
· Congratulations to the following Band of Legacy members that made it to 2nd round All-State tryouts. Selena Stafford, Owen Small, Ethan Brister, Jeremy McGee, and Brady Seighman. They will try out again in 2 weeks! We wish them luck!
· This Friday, September 22 is Fundraiser Friday. Money raised will go to teacher appreciation funds. For $2 students can wear casual dress. All attire must follow casual dress guidelines. Reminder, students may only wear blue jean bottoms WITHOUT holes or school uniform bottoms. Blue jean bottoms can include blue jean shorts no less than 4 inches above the knee. Jean skirts must come to the knee. Any school appropriate shirt is ok as long as it has sleeves. Crocs and hats are ok for casual dress day.
· Students, don’t forget can goods such as soups, beans, and vegetables can be brought in to be collected by your 1st block teacher. These donations will be counted and the 1st block with the most collected donations will win a donut party. The donations will help fill the food pantry in partnership with Mighty Mom’s.
· Open House will be on Monday, September 18 at 6pm.
· The Carpentry Team will have their first practice this Thursday after school. Report to room 5003 by 2:45 PM. If you cannot make Thursday’s practice, please see Mr. Holland today or Tuesday for information in room 5003.
· The Junior Ring Ceremony will be on Monday, October 16th in the new gym at 6pm. All ring payments owed to Jostens must be paid in order to participate in the ceremony. If you purchased a ring from somewhere else, it must be a traditional ring in order to participate. You will receive more information on the ring ceremony during homeroom next week.
Lunch Line — Red Beans & Rice will be served on Line 2 (nearest to South campus) and Papa Johns pizza will be served on Line 1 (nearest to North campus).
Next Breakfast – Grits & Toast