ATHLETICS AND EVENTS:
· Tonight, the Freshmen and JV football teams will play at Denham Springs for their last game of the season. Freshmen start at 5:30pm, followed by JV. The varsity team will play at home this Friday in their Senior Night game. Senior recognition will start at 6:15pm and the game at 7pm.
· Congratulations to our Student of the Year…. Caszandra Dante!
Congratulations to the JROTC Raiders. The Male teams took first and second overall while the coed team placed second overall at the annual Bogalusa Raider Challenge on Saturday. Cadets Brooke McGee and Braiden Manuel won the individual Ultimate Raider competitions.
· Congratulations to the Band of Legacy on their performance at the Sulphur Marching Festival on Saturday! The Band, Colorguard, and Drumline all got superior ratings on their performance. The Drum Majors AND the Drumline both got Best in Class AAAA. Also, the Drum Majors and the Drumline both received the Outstanding Overall Award out of 18 total Bands in attendance. And finally, the Band of Legacy earned the 1st Runner up to Grand Champion Trophy! We are so proud of your accomplishments and how you represent the best of Walker High School!
· Tonight, we will have a community Trunk or Treat event at Wildcat Stadium from 6-8 pm. Dress up and bring your family. There will be candy, inflatables, face painting, and more!
· This Thursday night is the Band of Legacy Family Night in Wildcat Stadium at 6:30pm. We will celebrate our seniors and will have a very special presentation for Mrs. Catherine Heard, who was the first band director in 1966. There will be performances by the Band, Colorguard, Drumline, the Golden Wildcats and our Cheerleaders. Admission is Free. Come out and support your Band of Legacy Thursday night.
· Friday, November 3, is the deadline to sign up for the December ACT. You can sign up at ACT.ORG.
· The Veterans Day Program is Friday, November 10 at 9:00 am. All military personnel are invited to attend. See the Wildcat Window or the Annex for a flyer. Veterans should arrive for 8:30am for refreshments in the new library.
Lunch Line — Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes
Next Breakfast – Grits & Toast